Naval Hospital Oakland, also known as Oak Knoll Naval Hospital, was a U.S. naval hospital located in Oakland, California, opened during World War II (1942) and closed in 1996 as part of the 1993 Base Realignment and Closure program. The 167-acre (68 ha) site is bordered on three sides by Mountain Boulevard and Keller Avenue in the city's Oak Knoll section.
Oak Knoll hospital was built during World War II for the purpose of treating American military personnel who had been wounded in the Pacific theater. In later years it also treated those who had been wounded in the Korean and Vietnam wars. The site was previously a golf course and country club which had closed during the Great Depression.
A large main hospital building was started in 1965 and opened in 1968. The base was closed in 1996 in an official Navy ceremony.
This building was imploded on April 8, 2011.